Hello friends! Two weeks ago we were housesitting in Asheville for a well-traveled couple and their two spunky cats: Thai Foo & Rosebud. The crisp Fall air and changing leaf colors left us refreshed and inspired. We hope that you all can squeeze in a quick trip yourselves before the busy holidays are upon us.
If you have the chance to go to Asheville for a day or weekend trip, NOW is the time. Recent political uproar may have put a slight damper on some outdoor activities, but the Blue Ridge Parkway is still open. You just have to bring your own TP!!
Whether Asheville is a romantic getaway or fun for the whole family, here is a quick rundown on things we enjoyed in Asheville:
– Blue Ridge Parkway is kicking off it’s symphony of magical colors
– Eliada Corn Maze – 12 acres of spooky fun
– Waterfalls abound – most are a quick day hike
– Apple picking – just in time for the upcoming holidays
– Mast General Store – an Asheville classic, enjoy barrels of candy and local wares
– Minx Boutique – curated collection of fun; pick out your favorites online before you go
– Frock – save room in your suitcase; perfect for date night
– Custom Boutique – I snagged a pair of locally made silver earrings; great for gifts
– Tupelo Honey Cafe – enjoy a leisurely breakfast turned brunch while people watching
– White Duck Taco Shop – new spot in town with a fab patio; order one of each!
– The Admiral – reservations for a romantic dinner
Moment of truth: never have I missed a cat so much! Thai Foo the fluffy kitty moonlights as a masseuse. Yep, that’s right. I woke up Tuesday morning at the crack of dawn to kitty paws working their magic up and down my back.
We loved our mountain retreat, but my mermaid tail was starting to twitch! So it’s back to Charleston for THREE full weeks = staycation (post is now up here). What is your favorite haunt in Charleston?