It’s Mandi’s birthday today! Yay! Happy Birthday Mandi!
It’s also Mother’s Day, so happy day to all of the baby mamas, furry baby moms, grandmas, soon-to-be moms, and wishing to be moms! Mandi is a super mom, and her little guy just celebrated his first birthday. Happy Birthday Hudson!
So, for Mandi’s birthday, I thought we should throw her a virtual birthday party! First, let’s dream up some fun party decorating ideas. Pinterest is THE BEST party planning place ever. Follow our “Party On” board on Pinterest for a ton of great party ideas.
Painted Pineapples from Life, Love and the Pursuit of of Shoes
DIY Pom Pom Cake Topper from Momtastic
From Simply Savannah Events via Ruffled Blog
Also, some great ideas on a past post of ours – 10 Easy DIY Party Decor Ideas
Now, let me share some favorite birthday gifts to give these days, or shall I say some of my favorite things lately! (Mandi, I have one of these goodies in a birthday bag for you… see you soon!)
- Alter Eco Sea Salt Truffles
- 25 oz. S’well Bottle (it holds a whole bottle of wine!)
- Fitkicks Active Lifestyle Footwear
- LZ Pencils
- Leather fold over clutch from Sans Map Bags
- Unicorns are Jerks Coloring Book (hilarious!)
Now, let’s party! Please take a moment to leave a comment below and wish Mandi a very happy birthday! You can also connect with her on Twitter and Instagram and send some birthday wishes her way.
You know we all love a party over here on Sunny Slide Up! Since we are celebrating our birthday, I thought it was only appropriate to gather some easy DIY party decor ideas. Check out our Pinterest board “Party On” for even more great ideas!
10 Easy DIY Party Decor Ideas
1. DIY Tissue Paper Tassel Garland – Creative Bag
2. DIY Ribbon Chandelier – Every Last Detail
3. DIY Metallic Stroke Balloons – Design Love Fest
4. DIY Blooming Letters – Urbanic Paper
5. DIY Paper Chain Background – Floridian
6. DIY Spray Painted Metal Folding Chairs – The Moon and Me
7. DIY – Pom Pom Branches – Wayaiulandia
8. DIY Number (or Letter) Photo Display – Just Imagine
9. DIY Sidewalk/Driveway Party Art – Guerrilla Weddings
10. Washi Tape Everything! – I Heart Nap Time
You know how I love washi tape so much.
I’m in the mood to throw a party now! Speaking of parties, we are throwing one big party here on Sunny Slide Up for the month of October as our blog turns 2! Be sure to keep a lookout for giveaways all month long!
Well, If you follow our blog, you know that I recently got married. I will go ahead and apologize for the amount I talk about my wedding on here, but if you have been through the process, you know what a special time it is. You also know all of the things you learn during the months of planning! I want to share with everyone what I learned along the way!
Today… I am going to talk about one of the things we did that I will cherish forever…. a professional wedding video.
I am telling you… this is so amazing to have! I have watched it about 10 times a day since they sent it to us!
1. WORDS. So many words are spoken during the day. Weather it is what you say while you are getting ready, your vows, what the preacher says, small whispers to each other, laughing, crying, etc. Photos will not capture that so be sure you get it on your video!
2. MUSIC. If you are like me you will take hours and hours to decide on the perfect songs! In my case, we had our fathers play a few songs together before the ceremony on guitar and mandolin. I LOVE that our video guys used that music as part of our background sound!
3. EMOTION. Photography, especially good photography, captures emotion of the day. With that said, it is that… a capture. A professional video will actually show clips of the emotion. Moments that you can watch over and over.
4. BLUR. People always told me. “try to remember everything, your wedding will be a blur”. I had no idea how true that would be. I never thought 10 hours could happen so quickly. It blew my mind as to how quickly the day flew by. My wedding video helped me see things I didn’t get to see. It helped bring back moments from my wonderful, amazing, beautiful, blur.
5. HIGH QUALITY. With technology today, everyone has a video, everyone has a camera. While this is true… it is not going to be the quality that a professional can provide you with! I’m telling you… get the high quality, the sound, the images. It is worth it!
I worked with the amazing husband and wife team at Whitewash Films. He does amazing work and she is just the sweetest to work with! Such a great combo. (Check out her day job at Inspire Wedding Magazine – so jealous!)
Here is my video!
Ryan + Mandi from Whitewash Films on Vimeo.
I can’t end this post without thinking my amazing photographer, Crystal Stokes. All of the photos used in this post are a thank you to her!
The amazing flowers are by Springvine Design, planning by Magnolia Events, and the wedding was at the beautiful Brawley House.
Be sure to follow Whitewash Films and all these other vendors to see their work!
We all enjoy a little party over here at Sunny Slide Up. You might remember our jello shots post from last year. Well, this recipe is even easier than jello shots. Introducing…..
To make rummy bears…
Just dump a bunch of gummy bears in a large Tupperware container – short rectangular works best.
Then just barely cover the bears with rum. A 5-6 lb. bag of gummy bears plus a regular size bottle of rum. (Not the large size you see in the picture above)
Place in the fridge and pull out to stir once a day. Works best if they soak for 3 days, but 2 is ok.
They will enlarge, so don’t fill the container all the way! Best to use two containers for 5-6 lbs. of gummy bears.
Guaranteed to be a huge hit at your party!
March Madness is right around the corner people! Selection Sunday is this weekend, and then it will be time to fill out those brackets!
Now, I know I sound super excited about all of this basketball that is about to take place. But really, I get more excited about competing in a fun bracket tournament challenges and planning parties!
My husband has a giant man room where all of the big sports parties happen at our house. You might remember my post Fantasy Football Draft Party, where I helped plan a fun football themed get together. The men don’t really seem to care about all of this fun party planning, but they sure do enjoy it once it is all set up. Well, at the last minute, we are going to throw together a March Madness get together, so time to gather some party ideas!
1. Basketball Reese’s Cups
2. Basketball Cupcakes
3. Different Color Gatorade with Team Labels – awesome!
4. Cheese Balls
5.Basketball Bun Sliders
6. Draw on Oranges (small Cuties) and place in plastic cup with net drawn – genius!
Don’t those little basketball cupcakes remind you of my football cupcakes? Super easy!
Do you have any fun basketball party ideas to share?