It’s “Get To Know The Sunny Slide Up Girls” week here on the blog. We will each be answering personal questions this week. Have an additional question? Feel free to comment below and ask away!
1. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Ummm….there should be too many to choose from but I’m not typically embarrassed by the things most people get embarrassed by. Nudity? Not really. Flatulence? Nope. When my son throws a temper tantrum in public? Not a chance. I think as a realist I try and accept the reality of any situation and strive to find the humor in it. Typically to be embarrassed means that we feel the need to explain ourselves or even apologize to someone…..which now that I mention it, this is typically the only time I feel embarrassed…..when I feel like I have said something to someone and it came across wrong or I was misunderstood. In those circumstances I am usually quick to pick up the phone to try and explain, whether it’s necessary or not. Other than that I can pretty much make a fool of myself and not bat an eye. 🙂
2. What sound do you love?
My son singing. When he speaks at all, really. A two year old’s words are so spontaneous, imaginative and unfiltered. Life has yet to set many restrictions on him and it’s refreshing in so many ways! Also, my daughters heart beat. I haven’t met her yet to be able to hear her sounds, so until then it’s her BPM’s that make me melt!
3. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
When my husband and I put our son to bed at night and say our prayers together. Everything is calm and quiet. He usually makes sure we don’t forget to thank God for golf carts and then he kisses us both and demands we leave his door open. We oblige…every time.
Day of the week: Saturday and Sunday = Family Fun Day!
Month of the year: OCTOBER! The month my husband and I were married, Pumpkin Spice Latte’s, Scarves, Football, Falling leaves and Halloween! This October we will get to meet our little girl…unless she decides to come sooner (which she won’t, late babies run in the family)!
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
10 is a little ambitious. I would have never sat down and listened to my future self list 10 things I thought I should know, so let’s compromise with 5.
– Stop lying in the tanning bed. It’s stupid and one day you will turn 30 and see what mom warned you about.
– The reason you think you can do anything is because no one has ever told you that you couldn’t. One day someone will, and in true Jennifer fashion you will set out to prove them wrong. This will get you far in life and into a very rewarding career, but it will also be a double edged sword as you will waste a lot of time doing things for the sole purpose of proving people wrong. Be mindful of time wasted. While it might build a certain amount of character, it’s the one thing you can’t get back.
– Everyone doesn’t have to like you.
– Pay better attention in grammar class. It will save you a lot of time searching Google when you start to question yourself.
– One day you will realize that the two door 1987 Buick Regal with navy velour interior (that your parents got you for your first car) gave you more character and a better sense of humor than anything you could have imagined. So if you start to feel yourself question or judge someone for what you deem as “cool”, you just remember that awkwardly tall high school sophomore who made a hand drawn flip book titled “The Regal Adventures” that was passed around the school and eventually made that car a legend…..and get over yourself, because clearly you aren’t as “cool” as you once were.
5. What is the best decision you ever made?
Saying “yes” when my husband asked me to marry him. Haven’t regretted that decision even once!
6. When is the last time you laughed so hard you couldn’t breathe?
This happens on a fairly regular basis. We laugh a lot in our home. This past week my husband and I were watching season 1 of Modern Family and Phil was arguing with his wife, Claire, that he was more athletic and could beat her in a 5 mile race. Her argument was that she runs over 5 miles every day and has completed half marathons, while his argument was that he speed walks in his special shoes that were designed by doctors. Then it clips to him walking through their neighborhood with what looks like ski poles and black orthopedic shoes on. Honestly, Brad and I had trouble breathing from laughing so hard!
Watch it here (it’s the only clip I could find)!
7. What is your idea of a perfect house?
Lots of light where the indoors seem to casually merge with the out. Everything would be mostly white with rustic wooden beams on the ceiling and clean architecture. Think west coast meets Finland or Denmark and my perfect house would be found there somewhere.
8. Where is Stephanie?
Here you go, you observant little readers, you. Steph decided she loved being a new mom so much that she wanted to take time and focus on her Photography and family. Who can blame her, have you seen little PJ!!!? I mean, I only spat at her and told her how selfish she was once before I got over it….hahaha, TOTALLY kidding!!! We are all really great friends and that’s the beautiful thing about this blog, we support each other 100%!
9. How did we all meet?
Heather previously wrote a little piece on that. Read it HERE!