It’s “Get To Know The Sunny Slide Up Girls” week here on the blog. We will each be answering personal questions this week. Have an additional question? Feel free to comment below and ask away!
1. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be?
Marketing for my business, The Creative Stack. I love marketing, and help small businesses with their marketing everyday. But I get too busy to keep up with it for my own business sometimes! I’ve thought about taking a “vacation” and working on things just for my business during that time. It is just hard to put myself (my business) before my clients – but I do need to work on that for my future success.
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
This is a really embarrassing story. You know that game “sardines” you play as kid? One person hides, the others come find you and hide with you. Last one to find the group hiding was the loser. Well, a bunch of us kids were playing that game at a family get together…. I must have been about 10 or so. And it was my turn to hide and be the “sardine” So, I was hiding in the bathroom behind the shower curtain. I heard someone come in the bathroom, but you are hiding and trying not to be found…so I was being really quiet. Well, next thing you know this person (who I thought was playing the “sardine” game) was actually just coming to to use the bathroom. #2 OMG. I panicked. I tore open the shower curtain and ran out of the bathroom. I must have given that poor man a heart attack. And I bet he checks the shower curtain every time he goes into a bathroom now. I know I sure do.
3. What sound do you love?
Laughter. It is contagious. Especially babies laughing. It’s hilarious. Babies don’t fake laugh. It’s the real deal.
4. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Favorite time of day is dinner time. I love to cook and try new recipes. Thank you Pinterest! My poor husband is my guinea pig….he is a real trooper, even through those Pinterest fails, ha!
Favorite day of the week is a toss up between Friday and Sunday. I love my Fridays – the excitement of the weekend starting. And I love my Sundays – which are normally lazy around the house days. Sometimes we venture out for brunch and errands, but it is a nice low-key day before gearing up for the work week.
Favorite month of the year….December. I love the holidays! Family time, all of the sparkly lights around town, buying presents for loved ones, lots of parties, overindulging in all kinds of sweets…and then the start of a new year which is always refreshing.
5. List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- Move out of this city for college, or at least go live in the dorms and experience the “college life”
- Do a study abroad program (travel while you can, what a great experience!)
- Don’t put up the with stupid boys…read “He’s Just Not That Into You” – cold hard truth.
- I promise you don’t hate your parents as much as you think you do.
- Enjoy these high school days, they are some of the best years of your life.
6. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- My husband
- My furry babies
- My travels coming up in the next month – Atlanta, Cherokee Casino, Nashville, and the Outer Banks!
- Spa day with my bestie next week!
- The success of my business
7. Describe a typical day in your current life.
Wake up. Take out the furry babies. Make coffee (decaf only….I don’t drink caffeine). Head to my office for work…answer emails, design some websites. Head out to a meet a client at a coffee shop. Maybe hit up some errands on the way home. Back to work. Logo design! Event Poster Design! All while checking Facebook of course 🙂 Husband comes home. Wrap up work. Feed the furry babies. House chores, laundry. Dinner time….time to go to my Pinterest board for some inspiration! Watch some DVR. Good night!
8. What are your pet peeves.
People not responding to text messages or emails.
9. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
My baby face/good skin. I am 34 years old and I still get carded when I order a drink. Sometimes people question the age on my id. That’s a blessing people.
10. What is the best decision you made?
Bravely leaving my stressful “office” job to start my own company. Best decision. I’m lucky that it worked out!
11. When is the last time you laughed so hard you couldn’t breath?
Probably about a week ago. I tend to do this a couple of times a month….. I go “chicken snail”. You might remember this blog post I wrote a while back on this.
12. What is your idea of a perfect house?
My house I’m in now! We built our dream house and moved in last December. It has been amazing and we are so blessed to be here. Now, if I could just figure out a way to move it to the beach for part of the year…