I had the pleasure of visiting Austin, Texas about a week ago. What a great town!
Some friends of ours were getting married and we decided to make a long weekend of it. We stayed at the historic Driskill Hotel right in the heart of downtown. What a beautiful place, and over 100 years old!
Some awesome things about Austin….
– The Food: Delicious restaurants everywhere! You must try the Magnolia Cafe. Those are fudge brownie pancakes below. Yikes! I mean, YUM!
– The Food Trucks: They are on practically every corner. I seriously had one of the best burgers of my life from a food truck. (Sorry no photo. I gobbled it up before I could take one!)
– The Bars: They are everywhere. This is a party town (home of the University of Texas). Drink up. This bartender had a gun of tequila…Only in Texas.
– The Bats: You have to see it to believe it. http://youtu.be/2g6DLECHdL4
– The Art: Amazing art everywhere. Especially on out South Congress St.
(Both pieces above found at Prima Dora on S. Congress St.)
Have I convinced you to go visit Austin yet? I can’t wait to go back!