So, I love trying new recipes and I LOVE bang bang shrimp. I read a few recipes, and decided to take a stab at the recipes myself! This was so easy you guys and most of the ingredients you will already have at home. We added a side of frozen asian vegetables from Trader Joe’s and had a pretty amazing meal!
Ok first up is the bang bang shrimp. I call it this because it is similar to the amazing shrimp at Bonefish Grill… However, I just made a dish based on what I thought would taste amazing… and, it did!
Make At Home Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb peeled and cooked shrimp (I used frozen shrimp from Trader Joes)
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder (I added a little over – we love garlic)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (you can get this at any grocery store)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in large frying pan on your stove top to 350 degrees – (you will need enough oil to fry the shrimp).
- In a medium size bowl, mix the cornstarch and all dry ingredients
- In a second medium bowl, mix the mayo, chili sauce and Sriracha. (We added red pepper flakes to this as well to add more spice)
- Coat the shrimp with the corn starch mixture and fry shrimp for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain shrimp on paper towel and let cool for 5 minutes
- Coat the shrimp in the mayo/chili/sriracha mixture and serve immediately.
Next up – my take on homemade Fried Rice!
Make At Home Fried Rice
- Cooked Rice (I made enough for 6 servings)
- soy sauce to taste
- toasted sesame oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-5 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 of a Shallot
- 1 can peas and carrots
- 1 egg
- Cook your rice beforehand. I cooked mine to be a little more dry than normal.
- Heat oil in frying pan and scramble one egg.
- Remove egg, wipe out the pan and reheat oil in frying pan and add in rice and chopped shallot. Cook for 5 minute on medium heat.
- Add butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in drained can of peas and carrots and scrambled egg a mix well.
- Add soy sauce to taste – I used enough to make the color look like I imagine fried rice to look!
- Add toasted sesame oil. This is one of my most favorite seasonings to cook with, but it has a VERY distinct taste! I would add and taste to see how much you would like to add.
- I let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This was such an easy meal and we both LOVED it! Let me know if you try it and what you think!