I decided to go with song lyrics to the first song we danced to, Carolina Girls (see full lyrics here). It was a fun night at his dad’s birthday party and now we will have these plates to remember that moment! You could choose a favorite song, a favorite quote, the song you danced to at your wedding, etc.
Just have fun with it! We love “You make me say WOOO”!
You will need the following:
- porcelain dishes that you are ok to permanently change – I picked mine up at a local Goodwill store for $1 each.
- paint markers – I have heard Sharpies work, but I went the “real thing” DecoArt Glass Paint Marker – the package says it is diswasher safe!
- an oven 🙂
All you do it write and back. My paint markers say to let the dishes air dry for at least 8 hours and then bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. I would guess you do the same for sharpies!
Other ideas for plates:
- Conversation Starter Plates – have a question on the bottom of the plate, so as you finish your meal or dessert, you have a question to talk about.
- Fortune Cookie Plates – after your meal you get a fortune!
- List out favorite meals or dessert dishes
- Draw initials or family names.
You can make these for birthday gifts, wedding gifts, anniversary gifts, or just to keep for yourself!