Let’s get to know Corey, creator of Sans Map!
Q: You have such an interesting name for your company. Where did that come from?
A: The name Sans Map, ‘sans’ meaning ‘without’ in French, means Without A Map. I’ve travelled a great deal and have lived in many different places (and countries) which has greatly influenced many aspects of who I am. My husband is French so a big part of my life is speaking the language and enjoying French culture. I’ve always lived in a way that isn’t overly planned or mapped out…living life as it comes, enjoying and embracing the unexpected paths in life!
Q: How do you choose the fabrics for your bags?
A: I am always drawn to certain fabrics like wools, tweeds, natural fibers and woven fabrics. I often drive my decisions not by sight alone but by touch as well…Vintage fabrics (and garments that I repurpose) have a certain tactile quality to them that is hard to find in a fabric shop. I love searching for the diamonds in the rough.
Q: What’s your most popular, best-selling item?
A: My most popular item is my Messenger Bag. The perfect size and versatile to carry everyday!
Q: You used to live in Brooklyn, NY. What brought you to the south?
A: We really loved living in Brooklyn and were sad when we said our goodbyes…But life in the south offers us sunnier skies, more space to run and play and the opportunity to pursue our passions in a way that we couldn’t have in NY. Happy to have our feet land on this southern soil and looking forward to what the future brings!
Q: What is your favorite place to shop in Charlotte?
A: I spend a lot of time searching for fabrics and vintage garments to repurpose (and much less time shopping for myself!). I frequent the many thrift stores and vintage shops that Charlotte has in plenty.
Q: What’s your idea of the perfect day?
A: Life certainly is busy when you run a small business and have an energetic 2 year old boy!…so my perfect days are those that I can relax, spend time outside in the sun and fresh air and have nothing planned at all – foregoing the usual routines and letting the day take me wherever I please!
Happy Birthday to us! Here is a another gift for you! A fabulous bag from Sans Map….
This zippered pouch is made from a vintage Pendleton wool skirt in purple plaid. Lined with organic grey cotton, it’s a great size for makeup or cosmetics and could have many other storage uses.
– Pendleton wool exterior (repurposed)
– Turquoise fabric accent
– Organic grey cotton interior
– Ykk brass zipper
– Leather zipper pull
9.5″ W x 5.5″ H
Sans Map specializes in handcrafted bags made from vintage, repurposed, reclaimed and eco-conscious fabrics and leathers. Each and every bag is designed, cut and sewn from start to finish by owner Corey in her sunny studio in Charlotte, NC. Want to find out more? Visit www.etsy.com/shop/sansmap
To be entered to win, you must:
1) Follow @SunnySlideUp – www.instagram.com/sunnyslideup AND @sans_map_bags – www.instagram.com/sans_map_bags on Instagram.
2) Repost the image below to your Instagram account with the hashtag #ssugiveaway
Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on 10/16/14. Winner will be chosen at random and announced on the morning of 10/17/14 on this blog. Winner must provide shipping address within the continental United States.
October is here, and that means it’s our Sunny Slide Up birthday month! Our blog turns 2 this year – and what an awesome past two years it has been. You remember what we did last year? We like to celebrate by giving gifts to YOU, our fans …..so let’s celebrate with a month of giveaways!
Be sure to subscribe to the blog (see top left of sidebar) and follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Be on the lookout for giveaway announcements all month long! We have some great goodies planned to gift to you. (more…)
First, congratulations to the winner of the Apricot Lane Girlfriend Styling Session and $50 in Apricot Lane Charlotte gift cards Giveaway…..
Please contact us to claim your prize!
To wrap up our camping theme week here on Sunny Slide Up, we have a guest from Apricot Lane Charlotte to share with us the 7 Fashion Essentials a Girl Needs to Survive – for camping, glamping and more!
Whether you are going to Coachella or taking a local camping trip with the family, you still need to look the part. Fashion is fun! It is the costume we wear on the stage of our life. Can you remember a certain article of clothing that was your ultimate favorite growing up? I remember my magnetic rainbow belt that was a staple in my wardrobe as a kid. Although we may not put much thought into getting dressed in the morning, fashion is part of the memories we create in life. We all have a little ‘fashionista’ in our hearts. This week we are celebrating camping in our stores, or should we say-Glamping, and talking about the 7 essentials you need if you were to take a camping trip.
1. 3Strands power – We believe strongly that we must be working for a greater purpose. We love helping dress women and make them feel confident, however we also find it important to help others. Through the 3Strands foundation we educate others on ways to stop human trafficking.
2. Bandeau Beautiful – Great fashion requires great underpinnings. Don’t worry if you can’t wear a bra, just put a bandeau on top of it and voilá! Everyone can wear a backless shirt.
3. Tanks – Every girl need a collection of Nikibikis. Soft, stretchy and perfect. They are perfect under everything!
4. Pretty in Print – Everyone needs some fun! Print is hot this Summer! Mix it in or wear it together.
5. Hello, Piko. – What’s your favorite tee? Ours is the Piko tee. Piko makes the best oversized tee that just looks perfect on everyone. Add a chunky necklace and some skinnys and you have a great date night outfit.
6. Dazed for Denim! – It’s our favorite staple. Denim will always be a wardrobe must. The most important thing is to find a pair that fits your body. Stop by and one of our specialists will help you find the perfect pair.
7. LBD or LWD, you choose. – Both are wardrobe staples. Everyone needs a little black or white dress when that party arises and you have nothing to wear. It should be a perfect fit and be your go to wardrobe item.
Be sure to connect with us on social media to stay updated on new arrivals, upcoming events, fashion tips and more! Check us out at Facebook.com/ApricotLaneCharlotte and Pinterest.com/apricotlanenc/.
(Sarah O’Connor is Director of Marketing for Apricot Lane stores throughout North Carolina)
We are super excited to announce another giveaway with Apricot Lane Boutique! You might remember the purse giveaway they hosted for us last summer, and we are so happy to have them back! Apricot Lane features top-of-the-line fun, fearless women’s fashion at affordable prices – located in StoneCrest and Birkdale Village! Apricot Lane is a popular national boutique featuring celebrity-inspired affordable fashions for the everyday woman. Offering styles from the L.A. fashion district and a personalized shopping experience, it’s the coolest boutique in the Carolinas. New women’s clothes, handbags, jewelry, other accessories and gifts arrive daily.
Girlfriend Styling Session for Two
The Girlfriend Styling Session for Two will include delightful light bites and sips, an expert styling session* with our top stylist and A $25 GIFT CARD FOR EACH girlfriend to get them started on their new Summer essentials. *Don’t worry, you don’t have to live in the Charlotte area to win this giveaway. If you are out of town, the Apricot Lane Charlotte team will host a virtual styling session!
1. You MUST be a Facebook fan of both Sunny Slide Up AND Apricot Lane Charlotte to be eligible to win.
Sunny Slide Up – www.facebook.com/SunnySlideUp
Apricot Lane Charlotte – www.facebook.com/ApricotLaneCharlotte
2. You must like a post on camping on both the Sunny Slide Up and Apricot Lane’s Facebook pages to be eligible to win.
You MUST be a Sunny Slide Up and Apricot Lane Charlotte Facebook fan to be eligible to win. The winner must like any post on camping on both, the Sunny Slide Up and Apricot Lane’s Facebook pages to be eligible to win. The winner will be chosen AT RANDOM and will be announced on Friday June 20th. If the winner does not claim the prize by the end of Friday, June 20th, a new winner will be chosen. Facebook is in no way associated with, endorses or sponsors this contest.
Special offers all week long!
- Sunday: 3Strands power – Education is the first step. **Every customer that makes a purchase will receive a 3Strands bracelet.
- Monday: Bandeau Beautiful – Great fashion requires great underpinnings. **$5 bandeaus with any purchase.
- Tuesday: Tank Tuesday – Every girl need a collection of Nikibikis. **$10 tanks with any purchase.
- Wednesday: Pretty in Print – Some fun to get over the hump! **Everything with a print is 25% off.
- Thursday: Hello, Piko! – What’s your favorite tee? **Buy one Piko, get another ½ off!
- Friday: Dazed for Denim! – It’s our favorite staple. **All denim is 30% off!
- Saturday: LBD or LWD you choose! – Both are a wardrobe must! **All black & white dresses are 25% off.
To celebrate this awesome event, Apricot Lane Charlotte is teaming up with us here at Sunny Slide up for this giveaway!